Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP)
This program is for patrons of any age! It is an 8-week series held in New Lexington on each Monday, April 3 - May 22.
About the Program:
The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program, also known as DEEP™, is a free educational series designed to help people with pre-diabetes, diabetes, relatives and caregivers gain a better understanding of diabetes self-care.
You'll learn about:
- How the human body works
- How to avoid the risk factors for diabetes
- Monitoring glucose levels and other symptoms
- Tips for adding more physical activity and movement to your day
- Planning your meals to improve eating habits and maintaining good nutrition
- Identifying and preventing diabetes complications
- Diabetes medications and tips for communicating with your health care team
- Managing stress and involving your family and friends in your lifestyle changes to manage diabetes
Registration is required and you can register one of two ways:
1) Call Leslie at (740)-541-2714
2) E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Find this event on our online calendar!